Why use PHP in 2022?
The PHP programming language has been around for over twenty years and is known to be the most frequently used by programmers around the world. PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited to web development. Fast, flexible and pragmatic, PHP powers everything from your blog to the most popular websites in the world. It is faster than other web development technologies especially when used for simple applications.
Lucid Crystal - Depth of knowledge
Thanks to our advanced PHP experience, while many web development agencies are merely able to re-skin existing PHP tools such as WordPress and Drupal, our programmers are adept at the fundamentals of PHP programming and as a result we are able to build and finely optimise bespoke online technology for our clients.
PHP features we love
- PHP is extremely flexible and combines well with other web development technologies, so there are more useful tools in our disposal
- It is an open-source technology that allows reducing costs required to build, deploy, and maintain your application
- PHP allows connection to a variety of supported relational databases like MySQL, mSQL, MS-SQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, and non-relational like MongoDB
- There are numerous frameworks, such as Laravel and CodeIgniter, and various CMS, such as Wordpress and Drupal, that extend the functionality of PHP and make the development process easier
- Since version 7, the use of PHP makes website pages load faster as compared to many other web development technologies. In its turn, lower loading time is an important SEO ranking factor that helps further promote a website by bringing competitive advantages
Part of the LAMP stack
The most common platform for a PHP website is the LAMP stack. It means that a website runs on an Apache HTTP web server deployed on a Linux system, and uses MySQL database. All these components are free and well-tested. With the extensive experience in the LAMP technology, our team of developers produce unmatchable quality solutions at most affordable prices
Examples of Our Work
Keep Fit Eat Fit Wellbeing
Lucid Crystal experience
Examples of some of the bespoke systems our team has built include:
- Customer Portals
- Customer Management Systems
- Lead Management Systems
- Online Booking Engines
- Risk Assessment Systems
- Survey Tools
- Content Management Systems
- E-commerce and digital delivery platforms
Our flexible work doesn't stop at what we've done before - if you have specific requirements for your online technology then contact us today for a free consultation.
What Our Clients Say
Please contact us for a consultation
We are based just outside London, in Dartford, Kent.